Alright, so for my egg muffin lovers out there, I'm new to the magic they hold but don't worry, now I TOTALLY GET IT! More ( and more ) recipes to come.
These little suckers are magical. They aren't the quickest breakfast but they are simple to make and so easy to customize to "what's in your fridge". <--- I'm all about any recipe that lets me throw in the stragglers in my veggie drawer.
Also, the MOST AMAZING quality they possess is their TO-GO // SAVE FOR LATER ability. ( see below )
various chopped veggies ( used here: asparagus, onion, bell pepper, mushrooms )
2 tablespoons butter
cheese ( of choice )
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Butter ( or non stick spray ) 8 Muffins slots in a muffin tin
- Chop up any veggies you plan to put in your Egg Muffins
- For this recipe: chopped asparagus, chopped red onion, chopped red bell peppers, chopped mushroom
- Quantity of each is to your liking
- In a bowl: Whisk 6 eggs + salt + pepper ( to your liking )
- Put a pan on the stove [Medium heat] - melt a tablespoon of butter in the middle
- Add you Veggies to the pan in order of how they cook
- onions first ALWAYS
- then asparagus
- then mushroom
- then bell peppers
- Keep the veggies on the stove until they are tender
- Remove veggies from the stove and separate them evenly over all of the buttered muffin slots
- POUR the egg mixture over each veggie filled slot - TRY NOT TO OVERFLOW
- ( although I always mess up on at least one, then I take a spoon and re-distribute )
- Top with cheese if you want
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes!
- EGGCELLENT they're done!! - Let the cool & use a knife in a circular manner and outline each muffin to separate them from the tin.
- SCOOP out and enjoy!
** On the ones you are saving for later, let cool completely before placing in a sealed container and into the fridge.
Good egg-muffin Luck!